Jerry's Fitness Diary

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Day 5 - First Meeting

It's finally here. At 5:00 pm, we met our fitness trainer, Cameron. He is a really cool dude. Many times when we've attempted at doing a fitness program, Patty felt like the odd man out when we did our training set up. This was one of the sticking points for me as I always felt that I was the impediment to her success so I gave up. Cameron was so helpful and gave us both the individual attention we need so that we understand the areas we are going to get worked.

First off, it's talk time to discuss our physical bodies, medications we're on, diet, and current level of experience (ok, for me it's Fitness for Dummies time). After going through the basics and setting goals for ourselves, it's off to starting.

Step 1 - basic fitness test. LifeCycle machine at 5 minutes. Both Patty and I have bad hearts. At 75-80 rpm, I only produced about 18.4 joules of energy. Should be much better but that's why I am there, right??!

Next, we go to the Flex machines. Not sure the names of them all but we will list them here later.

We do the 55 cm ball on the wall for leg squats - 15 reps x 1 time.

Crunches - 15 reps x 1 time - kind of like sit ups but not as bad on the neck. Used a small yellow ball on the stomach to crunch to. Patty did a 5 lb. weight from side to side. 15 reps. We will alternate these exercizes for each work out.

Lastly, it was cardio time.

Treadmill
Settings - 2.7 mph
Elevation - 5.5 - this was tough but I did it
Duration - 25 minutes + 3 min cool down.

We were exhausted after this workout but it felt great! Afterwards, we went to Hi Health to pick up some protien bars. My friend Brandy told me about a bar called "just deee-licious!" which is part of the UltraPlan series from Hi Health. I don't know about you but most of the bars I've tried taste like eating saw dust. These had a very desirable taste so we bought a box with 5 mixed flavors. They are pretty yummy and it will help me to increase my eating from 3 to 6 times per day. The more you snack properly, the less you will over eat at normal meal times.

Till Next Time,

Jerry van West
9/14/05 - 278 lbs.
110 lbs. to weight goal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home