Jerry's Fitness Diary

Friday, December 23, 2005

Day 103 - He Kicks Our Butt

Patty & I took Friday off from work for the Christmas break and decided to do our workout early in the day so that we could finish up cleaning the house and finalize our shopping for Christmas. Keith wanted us to remember him all weekend so he did a complete change up on our workout schedule and it really kicked our butts.

Normally, we are upstairs at the gym and working with the exercize ball but today, Keith had us doing free weights and using some of the other machines which we don't normally do. He also upped the ante on a number of them. For instance, I had been doing 25 lb. weight bar for curls but he moved me to a 40 lb. bar. He also had us doing something different on the scapula lifts where we are raising our arms from our sides to center (eye level) and then above our heads before going down. This little extra move is killer but good for us. We also did leg lifts on the machine today and for the first time, Patty is getting more weight than me and doing better at that machine. I topped out at 230 lbs. which I could barely handle and Patty wanted more so she did hers at 280 lbs. and was wanting more. Keith didn't want her to over do herself so he said that was enough.

After the workout, we went to pick up our neice to help with the cleanup for the Christmas party on Sunday. I am absolutely sore and the jacuzzi at the gym was down so no therapy today. Our next workout is Monday at 9:00 am. Looking forward to crying again!!

1 Comments:

  • I this the new phrase of the day? "Kick butt"? My trainer said he was going to kick my butt in our workouts. I laughed and said that's what I like, which reminded me that he needed to help me calm down. LOL.

    By Blogger Doris, at 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home