Jerry's Fitness Diary

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Day 146 - 170-32 - It's my motto

At Mel's persuasion and insistance, Patty & I did the group session at 11:00 am. I wasn't really looking forward to it as last night I was pretty ripped from the training and didn't get to bed until 11:00 pm and I had to be up early for a men's meeting and was pretty tired to boot but I said I would go in and I try to be a man of my word.

I did start off with some cardio and did 7 minutes at a level 1 on the eliptical machine just so I could say that I tried something different. I started at 2 minutes and said that I wanted to push myself to 3 minutes and was able to keep going. The next milestone was 5 minutes and then 7 minutes where I stopped because we had to get going on the circuit.

I was really very pleasantly surprised at the training they had in store for us. We went over the Paramount circuit machines as well as did quite a bit of cardio in between to keep the heart rate up and let me tell you, I really sweated up a good storm! I was quite soaked when we were done. We did quite a bit of core stuff as well and jumping jacks and Tae Bo which I don't know at all but I was able to keep up. I was "kicking and screaming" but as I told Ryan who is one of the trainers "I will whine and complain all day long but at the end of the day, I know that it is my goal to complete the mission - failure is not an option". I will continue to apply this philosophy trying to minimize the "kicking and screaming" portion but I will make my workouts a ritual and habit - even if I am kicking and screaming. I will keep my eye on the goal - "170-32"! That's 170 lbs. and a 32" waist however long it takes me to get there.

1-7-0-3-2 - That's my motto!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home