Jerry's Fitness Diary

Friday, January 20, 2006

Day 131 - Total Body Workout

We got to the gym at 5:30 for 30 minutes of cardio prior to starting our workout with Mel. Mel had us tonight working on a total body routine to change up our systems a bit. We started in the results center with a new meal plan to go on. I will be down to 1400 calories for 2 weeks - hopefully I can remain committed to this as I am not prone to following directions too well. Then it was off to some upper body routines in the Big Boy room (lots of weights). We did a couple of things with arms and tricep extensions (2 sets each machine alternating between them) and then moved to some lower body squats and calf curls (again, 2 sets alternating). We then did some step ups and piriouette squat with a 20 lb. weight (2 sets alternating). Finally we were in the results center again for some ab work and ended with another 10 minutes of cardio.

I was really ticked off that the jacuzzi was broken again. This is 2 times in 2 months and no therapy means that my muscles remain sore and tight.

4 Comments:

  • Hi Jerry,

    How'd you come up with 1400 calories? That's awfully low for caloric intake. Personally, IMHO, that will probably slow your metabolism down to go that low.

    By Blogger Doris, at 8:24 PM  

  • Hi Jerry,

    How'd you come up with 1400 calories? That's awfully low for caloric intake. Personally, IMHO, that will probably slow your metabolism down to go that low.

    By Blogger Doris, at 8:27 PM  

  • Mine is not to question the trainer however I had the same question for her. She said to give it a go for 2 weeks and I said I would try it. If I go a little over, then it shouldn't be too drastic. I stated that I was going to add more protein (eggs in the
    a.m. and 1 more fruit) and Mel said that would work out fine. I'm not terribly hungry - just have to get used to the change.

    By Blogger Jerry van West, at 1:54 PM  

  • I guess I question all the time. Maybe that's my problem.

    By Blogger Doris, at 2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home