Jerry's Fitness Diary

Friday, January 06, 2006

Day 117 - Oh Yeah, Baby

Tonight was our first real workout with Mel and let me tell you - it's Oh Yeah Baby! Wow - what a great workout! I felt like a million bucks (after taxes!!) and I was pumped and ready for more! We started off with 25 min. of cardio to get warmed up and then Mel had us do some stair work. 5 times up and down the stairs doing every other step to increase the level of difficulty and stretch. We then did some lunge walking and leg lifts (2 sets).

Mel then stated that we were going to focus on the upper body today and lower body on Monday. We did the Matrix circuit machines for 3 sets and then off to a LifeFitness machine for an upper body row for 2 sets. I really liked that one. After these sets, we went back up stairs and did some Russian Twists which is where Patty and I are sitting next to each other and we pass a small exercize ball doing a twist in the opposite direction to where we are sitting. We did 30 of these and then changed position to do 30 on the other side. We ended the session and did another 10 minutes of cardio before going to the jacuzzi for some well needed water therapy.

Our goal is to make it in on Sunday for some more cardio. Our next session with Mel is Monday evening at 6:00 pm. I know that my muscles are sore but it's starting to feel really great doing this!

My good friend Doris stated that I need to visualize my success and have positive self talk come out of my mouth. I totally agree. I am glad you are here watching me as I get to my goal of 170 lbs. and a waist line of 32". I know that this is a lifetime and life style change for me. The number is simply a target that I am committed to hitting. Each day, I work harder to making my dream a reality.

1 Comments:

  • I would say, "You go girl!!!" rather, it will be "You go Jerry!!!"

    Great job!!!

    By Blogger Doris, at 12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home