Jerry's Fitness Diary

Monday, December 26, 2005

Personal Progress & Sadness As Well

Patty & I are a little dazed. Keith called us tonight to say that his last day at Pure Fitness is Wednesday. We are a bit heart broken as we have been with him since we got introduced by Cameron, the fitness coordinator at the gym. Cameron left about a month ago and now Keith is leaving. I have come to respect his leadership to us and guidance in helping us get on a path to reaching our goal.

Mark, the new head trainer at the gym will be calling us to tell us who our new trainer will be. Our new session will be a reprogram session to see what our progress is up to this point. The really cool thing about Pure Fitness is that they have these personal trainings once a month that has a trainer help refocus your workouts so that you are not doing the same thing over and over and you are constantly shaking up your muscles to avoid falling in a plateau. This is why Keith is changing up our routines constantly. I can't remember the names of each of them but I know what he has shown me and we are learning many new things.

The good news is that I was able to put on a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to close in over 12 years. Size 44 jeans!! We had also went to Target for some after Christmas sales and I am now able to wear an XL shirt. Not 1X, 2X or 3X but XL! This is so huge for me as I wasn't sure that progress was being made in myself. Others have said that they see it in me but I know my true self and I see myself daily. I had noticed in the mirror that I am looking a bit better but didn't think I had gone down that much. I really feel blessed! I can't wait until we have our reprogram to see if I lost a couple of pounds this month. I hope so!!

1 Comments:

  • I'm sorry you are losing your trainer. I remember I felt crushed when Mountain Mike left. It took me awhile to recover and I just couldn't get along with any of the trainers after him for awhile.

    I pray that you and Patty were not so attached to Keith and can move onto your next trainer as well. It's hard when a trainer leaves.

    You guys are making great progress. Keep up the great work. Thanks for inspiring me to start a new fitness/health blog and to share it with more than just a few people. Now I'm really accountable.

    By Blogger Doris, at 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home