Jerry's Fitness Diary

Monday, February 06, 2006

Day 148 - Attitude

It's amazing how a bad attitude can ruin a good workout. Mine was a doozie tonight. I was fine up and until we were getting ready to go. Patty said something that triggered me and I was off. It wasn't anything that she really did but I have been on edge for the past few days and I was still trying to stop being mad. I don't even know why I was angry but I was. I'm kind of neurotic so forgive my ramblings for a moment.

I started on the treadmill to work on Mel's new program. I do 15 minutes at no elevation @ 3.0 mph. After the first 15 minutes, I kick up the elevation to 3.0 and increase 1 degree every minute until I get to 8.0 elevation and then do a cool down for 5 minutes. Let me tell you, this is a whole lot tougher than starting at 5.5 to 6.5 and doing that consistantly for 30 minutes. The gradual stairstepping of the elevation training doesn't allow you to get too comfortable with a specific climb and it works you out more. I didn't do the elliptical machine today as I am working on that on the days we are not with Mel.

Our workout tonight was more on the mid section training. We went upstairs and did some planks and jackknife toe touches. We did some ab work and then went downstairs for some LifeFitness machine training. I'm sorry but I can't remember all the machines we did. We did a seated row machine, a pull up machine, another focused row machine and a rear deltoid machine. Suffice it to say that my poor attitude tonight has affected my memory of what we did. Hopefully, I will be in a better mood on Friday for our next training with Mel.

Jerry


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home