Jerry's Fitness Diary

Friday, February 10, 2006

Day 152 - Good Time Charlie

After Monday's beat up attitude and having a very par to subpar week, I was happy that Friday was finally here. Tonight, I was ready for a good workout and I was not disappointed. I started off with the new cardio warm up Mel gave me - 16 minutes at 3.0 mph and no elevation kicking it up to 3.0 elevation and up 1.0 degrees each minute til I get to 8.0. At 8.0, I did that for 2 minutes but then kicked it up to 9.0 (which was a mistake, I found out later) for 2 minutes and then back to 0 elevation for a 5 minute cool down. I am liking this new cardio "hill" program as it doesn't let me stay complacent at 5.5 or 6.0 elevation and it challenges me to keep going more. I didn't have time to work on the elliptical as it was already 5:00 and we were ready for our workout.

Tonight, we started with curtsy's and step up curtsys. Mel put the steps at 4 + the plank so it was really 5. We had previously done 2 and 3 so the 4th stack was a little tougher. We did 2 sets of these interspercing with 4 count burpees. I have had a struggle with those so it was hands raise and touch toes and hand raise and jump and touch toes - do this for a full minute. My calves were aching and cramping a bit (it was the 9.0 elevation that did it) so we went to no jump with the mod burpees. Mel then had us do 5 sets of stair walks and 2 sets of stairs with calf raises.

We then did 2 sets (15 each) of push ups and more jumping jacks. Back down the stairs and to the LifeFitness machines. It was motorcycle row machine (not sure the actual name but this machine looks like you are sitting on a motorcross bike) and then we had a seated row machine. 2 sets each. In between, it was jumping jacks and alternate toe touches to keep the cardio up. Our final stretch of machines was the bicep curl, tricep extensions and body dip machine. Can't remember the name but will look Saturday when we're back at the gym for the Cardio workout at 11:00 group training. After this, we were pooped. Patty and I were drenched and Mel really was pleased with our effort. I gave myself and 8.5 for effort.

Next workout is tomorrow with the group thing. It was good last week and I need another good workout. I still need to start going in every day just for cardio and even if it's just for 30 minutes, it will be good.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home