Jerry's Fitness Diary

Monday, February 27, 2006

Small Setback

I must have been getting too full of myself as I actually gained. It was a 4 lb. gain and I only have myself to look at for this. The good news is that I am refocusing my energy and my desire to hit my goals. I had taken things a bit for granted - not by much but by enough that it affected my objective.

Tonight, we did our measurements and I gained a 1/2 in on lower body but lost on upper body. It makes sense as we had been doing a lot of upper body workouts. I will refocus on my cardio routines to shake up the system a bit. All I seem to do is treadmill/walking and when you do this over and over, your body can get used to it and then it's not working where you need it to work.

Pablo got us doing some stairs tonight as well as push ups, ball squats, ab crunches, Arnie's and exercise bands between legs doing leg stretchers. We also did some bicycle kicks - 10 seconds which was killing me and two leg lifts.

The goal is refocus on diet and get into the gym for more cardio and resistance. Stairs will be good to do as well.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Jerry,

    So what if you had a little slipups. It's a part of life. You and Patty are doing great at moving towards your goals. It'll take time.

    For me, diet is about 75% of getting to my goals. Make gradual changes, so these can last. Continue to change your mindset on how you view food and things in general. Try to eliminate the negative self-talk.

    By Blogger Doris, at 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home