Jerry's Fitness Diary

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Back to the Cardio

Tonight, I came home from work and said to myself that I want to go to the gym so I picked up my gym bag and off I went. I had a very good day at work and wanted to really challenge myself in the gym.

I did 15 1/2 minutes on the elliptical machine - a new record for me! It got a bit easier after the first few minutes. I was even running on the unit. This is quite a great improvement over my previous attempts and I know that I will get even better at it! I then did 5 minutes on the LifeCycle which is not my favorite cardio device but Eric W. (Fitness Director at Pure Fitness) reminded me that if I stick with only 1 type of cardio, my body will get used to it and I would not be progressing so I am trying to mix it up a bit. After the LifeCycle, I hit the treadmill and started off at 3.0 mph and 5.5 elevation. After 5 minutes, I kicked it up to a 7.0 elevation. After another 5 minutes, I kicked the speed up to 3.5 mph which was really winding me. At 13 minutes, I kicked the speed back down to 3.0 and did another 7 minutes plus a 5 minute cool down.

Overall, I did 45 minutes of cardio and was really covered with sweat so I know that I had a good workout. My right upper arm has been bothering me so I hit the SciFit arm exerciser for 10 minutes. Pablo suggested that I continue to try upper arm movements and lift to work the pain in my arm out so I am doing that.

I decided that I wanted to hit the jacuzzi after the cardio workout and sat in there for 10 minutes to soak. It was a great session tonight!! Softball tomorrow night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home