Jerry's Fitness Diary

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Day 12 - Committment & Desire

Today was a tough day. I got home from work and I really didn't want to go to the gym. Patty was really supportive but she kicked my butt and said, "Let's Get Moving!". There is no saying "no" to her so we went. It was a good thing too as once I was there, I was happy to be doing something useful.

We did our extended set of machines today. Had a little trouble on the Lateral Fly but eventually made it through. I am not as sore as I was on Monday & Tuesday but I am still sore. Legs are still a problem but I imagine that it will take a few months and it will eventually work itself out.

We ended the workout with 25 min. on the treadmill. The LifeFitness machines were all in use so we had to use the Precor treadmills. They are not as good as the LifeFitness machines but they got the job done. Had about 10 min. in the Jacuzzi before leaving.

I have to find a poem/statement that my friend Brandy had at work on her white board. It was on Desire. It was quite motivating. If I find it, I will post it here.

Till next time,
Jerry van West

9/21/05 - 278 lbs.
110 lbs. to weight goal

1 Comments:

  • Jerry,

    I'm not sore after every workout, but I am typically sore after 90% of my workouts in one form or another. And, I workout regularly. I am constantly challenging my body to do better.

    Soreness is not an indication of whether it is a good workout or not, FYI.

    I've been weightlifting since I was 18 and have been doing it fairly regularly, though now I have a great deal more structure than I did when I was in my teens and 20s.

    Keep up the good work.

    By Blogger Doris, at 12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home