Jerry's Fitness Diary

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Rockin' night self workout

No, this is no risque' post. I just totally rocked out at the gym tonight. I left my office and got to the gym around 4:00 and started on my cardio mixer. I did 15 minutes on the LifeFitness elliptical machine. Once I get past 3 minutes or so, I am fine on this machine and my legs are into the groove. After the elliptical, I hit the LifeCycle for another 15 minutes keeping my heart rate up and my RPMs above 80. I then hit the treadmill and started at 3.0 mph at a 4 elevation and worked for 20 minutes moving the elevation up to 9.0 to get extra resistance.

After all the cardio (total of 50 minutes), I hit the big boy room for some lat pulls, chest presses and seated pulls. I finished up doing 5 sets of stairs and went to the jacuzzi for 10 minutes of water therapy. I was pretty pumped for a good workout for myself. Too bad Patty was elsewhere otherwise she would have enjoyed the workout tonight as well.

Judge Judy was on the tube as I was on the LifeCycle and I was watching a lady complaining that she was on SSI and couldn't work and wouldn't pay back someone a loan. She and her husband had defaulted and the plaintiff had taken their car as collateral for the loan. The plaintiff had repo'd the car and that was what the lawsuit was about. Judge Judy was miffed that the lady and her husband had made no attempts to pay back any part of the debt and awarded the car to the plaintiff as his sole property in payment of the debt. After the show, the woman was all in tears crying that the plaintiff had taken their only means of transportation and it wasn't fair...blah blah blah.

I kept thinking to myself, I was that woman in my attitude regarding my health. I couldn't be to blame - it must have been McDonald's or Wendy's or the pizza, etc. It was everyone else's fault - not me. It was their fault that I got diabetes. It was my parent's fault that I have this gene that caused me to suffer. I was the victim.

What a crock. We all have to take personal responsibility for our actions. If you want real change and results, you have to work for it. No one is going to give it to you. You have to make the decision to change your life. This process is not going to end once I hit my weight and size goal as is now a permanent lifestyle that I have committed to.

I was also thinking about the Capital One commercial - What's in your wallet? It's now, what's your committment? Are you committed to a permanent change? My answer is emphatically "YES!!!!"

1 Comments:

  • Wow Jerry!! That last part of your entry. Can I give you some cheers?!!!! You go!!

    I agree 100%. Henry and I are going to take control of our finances completely this weekend. God is working.

    I'm there with you regarding the health/weight/fitness. You guys are inspiring.

    By Blogger Doris, at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home