Jerry's Fitness Diary

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Day 15 - Progress

What a gorgeous day in Phoenix. We started off with our good friends, Chris & Beverly Shaler getting married at First Christian Church in Phoenix. This was a church designed by Frank Lloyd Wright and wow, what a beautiful place to worship.

After the wedding, we went to eat lunch. Yes, I was good. Cesar Salad and soup was on the menu for me. Patty had what looked like a French Dip sandwich. She didn't eat the bread as she normally does not like those kind of starches. Had a good lunch and a good time to reflect on our first 2 weeks at the gym. Had a number of comments from friends and acquaintances who have started to see some progress on my weight loss. That was great to hear!

We ended at the gym at 4:00 pm and did our complete work out. Bench press, deltoid fly (both front and rear), bicep curls, triceps, leg extensions, calf lifts, and a couple of other machines. I actually wrote them down and will post our actual machines and weights for each later. We ended our routine with a nice 25 minute walk on the treadmill with a 5 minute cool down. I am at 2.7 mph at a 5.5 incline. Patty is at 2.5 mph at a 4.0 incline. We were really sore after our workout but it's a good kind of sore.

The good news is that I weighed in and lost 4 1/2 lbs!! Woohoo!! I wasn't sure that I was making any progress but at least we're moving in the right direction. I fly off to Chicago tomorrow for a Developer's Conference from one of my suppliers. The hotel I am staying at has a gym and a treadmill so I will be keeping up the workouts even though I am away from home.

Till Next Time,

Jerry van West
9/24/05 - 273 1/2 lbs.
4 1/2 lbs. lost
105 1/2 lbs. to weight goal

1 Comments:

  • Good Job Jerry on the 4.5 lbs loss. I'm wondering when you do your weigh ins how about also taking bodyfat measurements so you know what portion of the loss is actual fat?

    I know when I weigh myself, I always combine this with bodyfat measurements to be sure I'm losing only bodyfat. IF not, then I have to reassess what I'm doing to ensure I'm only losing bodyfat and not water or muscle.

    By Blogger Doris, at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home