Jerry's Fitness Diary

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Day 52 - Back to the pain

Today was a return to the pain after being off since last Thursday. We did have some fun on Saturday but that wasn't a high intensity workout we get with Keith. Tonight, we again focused on the abs and did a new manuver called "the Plank" which is like a standard push up but you hold yourself up on your forearms in the push up position for 25 seconds. My knees are old and rusty but I was able to do 2 sets at 10 seconds and then 2 more sets at 25 seconds but this took a big toll on them. I know that with time, the knees will get stronger and my ability to do more things with my knees will be greatly improved.

After the plank, we did 2 sets of ab crunches and then a new type of ab crunch that Keith showed us. We did some isolinear ab holds on the ball and then it was off to the ball with the free weights. Keith has moved most of my weights to 2 each of the 8 pounders. With the shoulder lifts, I am still struggling with the 5 pounders. With the shoulder presses, Keith has me up on the 15 pounders which are a real struggle but I have to build muscle mass.

We did 2 sets of the exercizes on the ball and then it was off to the treadmill for cardio. 18 minutes of cardio for the evening and we were then complete. After we completed our workout, we went to get our meal plans for the next phase of our weight program. I'll post later the foods that I will be eating. I have a meeting with Troy Albright (pharmacist/nutritionist) tomorrow morning to have him review the menu plans and go over my saliva test. We will be talking about the results and what I have to do to get to my goals.

The Apex Fitness (http://www.apexfitness.com) website has a bunch of information on their program. I was told by Keith that I should be taking a set of pills called "Fat 1" which are a Lipotropics type of supplement. This is supposed to work on the liver and help burn the fat cells inside the liver and surrounding it. This is one that I want to talk to Troy prior to just adding to my daily diet. We picked up some of their power bars to work with our food program.

I'll post tomorrow what my results with Troy are. This has been quite a lengthy post so I'll cut it off now. Till next time,

Jerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home