Jerry's Fitness Diary

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Day 34 - Ball 3

Tonight was a great workout! We actually had time for 2 reps of all the exercizes we have been working on with Keith. We started out with 10 minutes of cardio prior to getting started. We then went upstairs to our workout area and got the 55 cm balls to work with. Keith had us starting out with stretching exercizes to get loosen up. He had us in a great sweat in no time. The amazing thing is that the ball really incorporates a lot of Yoga type of muscle use. The reason to use theball versus just using weight machines is that you really are using more muscles and your motion is more fluid. With a machine, you are working a prescribed set of muscles and it can force other muscles you need to not get worked. If you have a dominant muscle, it could have a negative effect for the muscles that need to be used. With the ball, you are using more muscles and even though it's not using as much weight, you are getting a better/total workout. Let me tell you, you really sweat it up. I have noticed that on our last workout without Keith (our upper body/level 1 machine routine), I didn't sweat as much but tonight I was beat afterwards. It's a good kind of feeling knowing that you are giving it your all.

I weighed in tonight however I didn't see any weight loss movement. I feel like I've lost a bit on the stomach and legs. Keith will do measurements next Thursday night prior to our sixth session with him. Weight and measurements after each 5 sessions is what they do. Even though I don't see a measurable weight loss, I could be at a plateau from when I started losing weight. I am not discouraged. The weight will come off soon enough but the body reshaping is feeling fantastic!

Patty and I will be working out again on Saturday.

Peace and blessings!

10/13/05 - 273 1/2 lbs.
4 1/2 lbs. lost
105 1/2 lbs. to weight goal

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home