Jerry's Fitness Diary

Monday, September 26, 2005

Day 17 - Chicago

OK, so I am in Chicago this week for the Intermec Developer's conference. I am at the Embassy Suites Lakefront which is a very nice hotel. It should be for $399 per night. Good thing the company got a special deal and I don't have to pay for the joint. You would have thought that for that kind of money, the high speed internet connection would have been included. Leave it to corporate America to find more ways to scam business travelers out of more money. You know, if I would have stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot or the Holiday Inn Express, the internet access is complimentary but at a $400 a night fancy joint, you have to pay an extra $10 per day to use the net. What a rip!

Anyways, they did have a mini gym here. 3 treadmills, a couple of eliptical machines and a couple of exercize bikes. There was some sort of all in one workout machine but I didn't know what was what and there were no weights to show how much you were lifting so I just hit the treadmill. I increased the speed to 2.9 mph at a 5.5 elevation. The machine was a LifeFitness treadmill and worked like the one at PureFitness but didn't have the heart monitor active. I did my standard 25 minutes with a 5 minute cool down and then hit the jacuzzi for about 20 min.

Patty has her meeting with Cameron tonight but mine is not til Thursday evening. I can't wait! Post to me if you think this is cool. I'm actually having fun with this but want to see if anyone is interested in a blog about getting fit.

Till Next Time,

Jerry van West
9/26/05 - 273 1/2 lbs.
4 1/2 lbs. lost
105 1/2 lbs. to weight goal

1 Comments:

  • Jerry,

    I do have a blog that contains only my workouts. I don't really do much in comments, though. I do have a separate private blog for all my other insane (and not so insane thoughts).

    I'll send you a link to my fitness log that I started back in the Spring. I mainly just keep my stuff written down.

    By Blogger Doris, at 12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home