Jerry's Fitness Diary

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Day 26 - Keith

Today, we met our permanent trainer Keith. He has a number of years experience behind him and we really hit it off right away. We started going over the paperwork and putting our goals down on paper with him. He kind of reminds me of Jake Busey from Starship Troopers. Patty said that his sense of humor was similar to mine and now she has to put up with two of us :-)

Much of the training today had to do with proper posture, breathing and tight abs while exercizing. We did our initial set of machines - focusing on upper body with chest press, tricep lifts - basically our session 1 workout. We ended with cardio on the treadmill for 25 min. plus cooldown.

The cool thing is that they took our initial photos to get a baseline and I was psyched! I couldn't believe how far I've already come. I am going to try and get the picture and scan it in (or maybe I'll have Patty take our digital camera and make a quick photo in the house) and post it here. If you saw me 2 years ago and look at me now, it's quite a difference.

We decided to get dinner after working out at Appleby's and Patty & I split a meal. Quite a better food choice than ordering too much and overeating.

I'm still loving it!

Jerry van West
10/05/05 - 273 1/2 lbs.
4 1/2 lbs. lost
105 1/2 lbs. to weight goal

1 Comments:

  • I have a group of online friends that are big supporters and encouragers for me. We all take photos of our progress. Mine is in a bikini - hides NOTHING!!!

    This year has not been a year of major losses for me in terms of bodyfat, but last year was and it was exciting to see the progress.

    Basically I took monthly pictures in that same bikini from all views. When you start to put the pictures together, you can see the progress. It's amazing.

    I would encourage you guys to keep up the excellent work. This whole thing is a process, a journey. I've been on this journey for 7.5 yrs to lose 30-50 lbs and I still have around 30 lbs of bodyfat to lose.

    Though I'm a seasoned veteran at exercising, I'm constantly learning how to do things better, more efficiently. I'm also constantly learning how to eat healthier, better. It's a process.

    Think, in a year you'll have learned so much and be better off. Two years from now, even better. Ten years from now....WOW!!!

    Praise the Lord for getting moving and starting to develop healthier habits!!!

    By Blogger Doris, at 12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home