Jerry's Fitness Diary

Monday, October 24, 2005

Day 45 - Bring on the Abs

Tonight was a big time ab workout! We started off with our stretching after 10 min. of cardio for warmup. We then started off with 3 sets of ab crunches on the ball as well as an isolinear ab routine. We also did some free weights but alternated from what we had been doing the past few times on the ball.

Keith had us doing some balance exercizes and I promptly fell on my knees tonight as my balance still has a lot of work to be done. We did 3 sets of ball squats and also laid out on a map for more ab routines to keep the moves different. I had noticed that I had some weird bulge in my middle ab section which kind of scared me. It kind of looked like the beginning of an extraterrestrial from the movie "Alien" which jumped out of John Hurt's stomach. This didn't pop out, obviously, but it caused me some concern.

I have a meeting with Troy Albright, who is a pharmacist from my church on Nov 2nd to go over the saliva test I did a week ago. This is supposed to be a bit better and more accurate than a blood test on determining the ailments and chemical properties of a person. I hope to find out why I am always having circulation problems with my feet and my legs. The doctor stated that I have varicose veins but at 41, I want to know what is wrong with me and what I can do to fix this.

We work out again on Wednesday night for a machine set 1 workout. I am really having fun working out with Patty. She has been very motivating and helping me to stay on track.

Till Next Time,

10/24/05 - 273 lbs.
5 lbs. lost
5 inches on waist lost
103 lbs. to weight goal

1 Comments:

  • You crack me up with the alien thing. LOL. Good job on all the ab work. Your balance will get better the longer you train your core and work on it. It takes time. You'll get there.

    Wow, 87#. That's awesome. You've done a great job!! Keep on keeping on.

    Though I love to exercise and have my whole adult life, you're enthusiasm is motivating and great to watch. It helps me.

    By Blogger Doris, at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home