Jerry's Fitness Diary

Friday, November 04, 2005

Day 55 - Failure

Tonight, I felt really like a failure but it was okay. Keith has increased the weights that I am using to mostly 8 lbs. - up from the 5 lb. weights and we did what we could on them. It was quite difficult and I struggled all night long but made it through the routines (mostly).

I had a really hard time and could not complete many of the routines which I felt that I was mastering but the failure wasn't in me but in my muscles. I was getting really down on myself but Keith explained that this was exactly what he wants to get done. We are pushing ourselves to the limit that we can physically do and try to push a little more until we come to a point of muscle failure. The reasoning is that we don't want to rely on old weight levels and become complacent in our workouts. He is changing up the routines to put them in different orders and done differently. After he expained that it wasn't me failing but my muscles, I was getting better with that but I hate to quit and I hate losing so I am trying my best to understand. He is the trainer and I am the trainee so that's where it has to be. If I knew it already, I wouldn't need him, right?!

Tomorrow, our friends Heather Smith & Bryan Deakin are getting married in Scottsdale. I am looking forward to a wonderful time with Patty and to enjoy visiting with my friends and church family.

Till next time,

Jerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home