Jerry's Fitness Diary

Monday, April 17, 2006

House of Pain

Tonight was the house of pain. I couldn't resist as I sometimes watch a show on CNBC called "Mad Money" with Jim Cramer, author of the best selling book "Jim Cramer's Real Money: Sane Investing in an Insane World" and when something is going down, he hit's a button on his console and it says in a booming voice "House of Pain". My House of Pain tonight was in my legs and quads. I am really enjoying the workouts and tonight, my body was trying to rebel against me.

I started off with my cardio mixer but I did this in reverse order. I did the treadmill first, then the LifeCycle and then the elliptical. I did 35 minutes of cardio prior to
getting together with Pablo for the training.

We went upstairs and were anticipating a lower body workout but it was more upper body with some lower body movements. We did ab crunches with weights (this was a first) and ball squats with curls. We did some toe touches and deep knee bends. We also did Russian Twists and bar lifts. We went downstairs for more arm work in the big boy room and then did some chest presses and calf lifts. We finished up on the machines with single leg presses and leg extensions and ended the workout with squats with weights (Pablo called us the oil rigs) and side step lunges (2 sets).

Patty will be on a Women's retreat on Thursday through Saturday so we will not be working with Pablo on Friday. I will be in the gym on Wednesday and Saturday as I have a meeting on Friday night. We did workout last Friday but since it is Monday night, I can't remember what we did but we were there.

Peace and blessings,

Jerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home