Jerry's Fitness Diary

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Self Pity

I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D.H. Lawrence

I think the last couple of weeks, this one poem spoke to me. I was watching G.I. Jane with Demi Moore & Viggo Mortensen and was moved by this poem in the film.

I think for the past couple of weeks, I have been in Self Pity. You'll notice that I haven't journaled but I was still working out. Patty & I have our workout on Monday night with Pablo. We've dropped our 2 a weeks with him to go once a week and on our own for 2 days plus the Saturday seminar. I have let myself go a little but no more self pity.

Welcome to a new evolution.

3 Comments:

  • Hi Jerry,

    Yeah, I've noticed you haven't been blogging hardly. Why do you have self-pity?

    ~Doris

    By Blogger Doris, at 11:52 AM  

  • Sometimes, life can bring you down. I've been in a bit of a funk lately and feeling somewhat sorry for myself. This poem from DH Lawrence kind of kicked me in the pants. Quit your complaining, Jerry. Quit feeling sorry for yourself. Quit making excuses. I am a very emotional guy and over analyze many things - why things are the way they are - what did I do wrong, etc. It's all self pity. It just is who I am at times.

    By Blogger Jerry van West, at 4:54 PM  

  • Don't I know it Jerry. I was thinking you had gotten in my head. I've been also having pity parties and didn't want to invite anyone to them.

    Actually, mine is probably more exhaustion and burnout. I tend to overanalyze, too.

    I'll pray for you. Let's pray for each other. My spirit is really under a huge heaviness. Plus, it doesn't help that I'm not getting enough rest. It's a downward spiral.

    Satan comes to kill, steal, and destroy our relationships. Let's absorb into the Word of God, and verbally speak out His Truth. Let's not let Satan have a foothold into our lives.

    Love in Christ,
    Doris

    By Blogger Doris, at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home