Jerry's Fitness Diary

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Day 73 - Reprogram Results

All I can say is "Whooo Hoooo!!!!" - 7 lbs. lost since our last weigh in on Oct. 17th and 5 7/8" total inches lost on arms, chest, waist and thighs! I am so gratified and thankful - especially since tomorrow is Thanksgiving. God has really blessed Patty & me this year. Things were looking so bleak and dismal at the beginning of the year and now that we are nearing the end of 2005, God has truly shown how merciful and gracious He really is!

Our total weight drop since being diagnosed with diabetes is now at 20 lbs. (since July, 2005) and my sugar level has dropped from a high of 314 and 356 (end of day) to 120-122 in the morning and 137 at night. We still have a ways to go to keep this under control but if all goes well over the next 6 months, my doctor says that we may be able to control the diabetes with diet and exercize and I would be off the Metformin! This is a major miracle and I have to publicly thank God for his Grace and Provision in our life! Thank you Lord!

Well, after all the good news tonight, it was off to the ball for our Reprogram session. We did our stretching and our warm ups and then it was ab crunch time. Patty & I did 3 sets of abs and some iso abs together with Keith. He decided to do a workout along with us. He stated that he is quite happy with the results so far with us. Our posture and stamina/endurance has improved tremendously. I am so grateful that Patty & I made the decision to commit to the twice a weeks with Keith and the 2 sets on our own. It has made a tremendous impact on our relationship - just that we are doing something together. It's another side benefit that neither one of us had counted on.

Take a moment and drop me a line. Let me know what you are thankful for this year. I really appreciate that you have taken a couple of minutes to share in this journey with Patty & me.

Thank you and God Bless You!

Jerry

1 Comments:

  • Jerry,

    It's so awesome the things God has been doing in your and Patty's lives. I appreciate you allowing us to share in your journey to better health.

    There are a lot of things to be thankful for. This year in many ways has been such a challenging year, yet, I can look back and see how God has worked. We have needed God in so many ways this year in ways we never thought we would. It has been overwhelming and stressful, to say the least.

    In the end, we know that as we trust in God, He is there for us, and He is doing everything for His glory. We just take this life day-by-day, and are thankful that God does meet our needs for His glory.

    Keep up the great work. I am encouraged by you both.

    By Blogger Doris, at 4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home