Jerry's Fitness Diary

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Day 76 - Softball Practice

Today, I had softball practice for my workout. Our church has joined Mesa's Winter League (E Division) and I decided that I wanted the fellowship and comeraderie of my friends and felt that I should be up to the challenge of playing again. For those of you who don't know, I had broken my toe earlier this year playing with the church in the Tempe D League for early winter and spring seasons. I had stopped playing in the middle of spring season due to severe leg problems and and wasn't sure if I was going to ever play again. Alot of what went on had to do with my poor attitude and I had a heart to heart with some others who pointed out that I was being somewhat selfish in my heart.

I felt that with the extra workouts that Patty & I had been doing, I should be able to handle the running and fielding. I have noticed with the extra few pounds off, I am a bit more agile and I am enjoying things a tad more. I really am looking forward to playing with the guys and giving my best effort.

I started off with my standard stretching warm ups. This is, in my opinion, one of the crucial elements that I had been neglecting in the previous seasons. What Keith has shown me in proper stretching methods, I have noticed that I am not as sore and tired as I was previously. I was shagging balls and able to make plays which I was not able to do before. My mobility is much better and I am really having fun. We started with each playing fielding some balls at shortstop and then at third base. We then went to the outfield to catch some flys. After that, we were doing batting practice and I was given some pointers as to how to better connect with the ball and bat. My hitting has improved since Spring season. I think a few sessions at the batting cages and I will be back on track.

Next Saturday, we will be doing a scrimmage game to see where we stand as a ball team. I can't wait! It's amazing how things seem so much better now that I am out and moving about again! I am still jazzed about the 7 pounds that I lost. I don't think I went overboard on Thanksgiving since the weight loss was still fresh in my mind. I did make my Chocolate Sinsation Cheesecake and did endulge in a slice but other than that, I was pretty good.

Till next time,

Jerry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home