Jerry's Fitness Diary

Monday, May 15, 2006

Patty sick but I worked out

Patty was feeling crummy all day and didn't make the workout tonight so I went alone to workout with Pablo. It was an okay session however my right arm is still bothering me and it seems like I've been having a struggle in consistancy with weights because of it. If this keeps up, I will have to speak to the doctor to see if I injured myself somehow playing softball. It really has not healed up since last year - even when I stretched out so I am a little concerned.

I can't recall the routines I did as I was a bit distracted. Pablo is leaving us and he put in his 2 weeks notice to go work in a Young Life church camp over the summer so we're off again looking for another trainer. Our last session with him will be next week which will be a reprogram session. Maybe it's the same with other clubs but they don't seem to keep their trainers too long here. They want a committment from club members but don't seem to keep it for their staff. It's quite a shame, really. We have to pay $50 per session for training and the trainer only gets $12 of that $50. The guy who signed us up, Cameron, had stated that the majority of the fees paid go to the trainers but that appears to be not the case.

I am a bit disappointed as this is one of the key problems in keeping our trainers - they are not making any money. Oh well, I will end my ranting for now.


1 Comments:

  • Jerry,

    I found this was the case with LA Fitness. However, many of the trainers that have been with Lifetime, they have been there for a long time. I don't know how much Lifetime gives them, but I pay $69/hr for Josh. I also know they get full benefits at Lifetime, like health, dental, etc., which may not be the case where you are at.

    The turnover of trainers is less at Lifetime.

    That is a frustrating thing to keep changing trainers. I know I had that problem before and it's tough.

    By Blogger Doris, at 12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home